Feb 14, 2009

V-Day Recap

Friday night My mom, one of my sisters and I went out for sushi and a movie. We saw Confessions of a Shopaholic. I LOVED IT! Besides the fact of it being a total chick flick (which I love), the movie had a really good story line and a sweet moral lesson.
If you haven't already, you should go see it!!

Saturday was Mr. H's Gift to me! He picked me up around 10am to start our V-day! We drove to his house where he said he would start his surprise. haha. I walked in the door and he pointed down to the ground. "Stand right here and close your eyes. No peaking!" I did what I was told and before I could ask any questions he was tying a blindfold around my eyes.
He drove me all over the world to get me confused on where he was taking me. It worked. I was confused and Car Sick! We finally reached our destination and he untied my blindfold. After I adjusted to the sunlight I looked around....IT WAS OUR HOUSE!!!
Mr. H has been looking into renting a house for our first couple of years of marriage. He found the most precious house. It is an Antique (almost 100 years old!) and I love it!
The inside is a little rough but a perfect project for Mr. H and I. Since it is so old, there is only 1 1/2 bathrooms...but it has 4 bedrooms! Don't be deceived by how little it looks...haha.
The Half bath, tiny and in need of some TLC and paint, was a cute surprise to see the teal and blackSo...We have a list of projects that need to be done in 5 1/2 months! I am so excited to keep everyone updated on the progress of the "H" house!

Mr. H and I went back to his house where we exchanged V-day gifts. I made him a Valentine basket full of his favorite things. A DVD, candy, orange tic-tacs, gum, A new belt, A orange hunting vest, wool socks, Hunting magazine, a can of sundrop...etc. I told him that I gave him a Easter basket for valentines day! lol...he loved it.

He did basically the same thing for me! I love getting my favs all at once!
After Mr. H and I exchanged gifts, he let me in on another secret. He had planned a candle lit steak dinner for us. We fixed dinner together and had such a lovely evening that included a hot tub visit of course!

I hope everyone had a Valentines Full of Love!

Promise to keep everyone updated!






10 comments:

Jane said...

just found your blog! very cute! and what a great v-day you had!

ChelseaMarie said...

Aww congrats on the house! I love the black and teal tiles! I'm glad you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

katie lake said...

OMGosh how fun! What a lucky girl!

Candice said...

What a fun surprise! I absolutely LOVE the house! We are looking to buy a house right now and we're looking for something exactly like that...that we can fix up! So glad you had a great Valentine's Day!

Simply Me said...

OMG that's fantastic!!!! congrats!!
and to add to the fun haha left you something on my blog :) just a little monday funday :)

Bridget said...

Thanks for the compliments and same to you! And yay for new houses!

And btw, I LOVE chick-flicks, who really needs to spend money to see a movie that makes ya sad/depressed/mad/ when you can watch cute, funny and happy movies?
Haha!

Running In Stilettos said...

Congrats on the house!

I love your blog...which explains why I gave you a Love Ya Award on my latest post!

Brittney said...

Thank you for your sweet comment. That is so exciting about your house! =)

Unknown said...

your house is so cute! That is SO exciting! :) What a sweet present!

jessica lynn said...

congrats on the house! how exciting!