Dec 15, 2009

unexpected kindness



...will definitely put a person in the holiday spirit...I was out n' about yesterday running errands and 'restocking' for my small jewelry business.
I was rushing around and almost on the brink of being totally stressed out. As I was attempting to leave one of my first stops of the day, I packed the packages in my car and tried to crank it. would not crank.
I couldn't get a hold of Mr. H and I was starting to panic. My jeep has had a recent history of acting up, so my mind was racing trying to figure out my dilemma. I got out of my car and lifted the hood to see if there were any obvious warning signs (hoping they would jump out at me b/c I haven't the slightest clue on what to do with cars).
There was a man waiting in a car a couple of spots over. I walked over to him and asked if he had jumper cables. He said he did not, but without hesitation he got out, rummaged through a bag in his car and brought out tools. Fixed a couple of things under the hood of my jeep and now she runs like new!
With tears in my eyes, all I could say was "Thank you, Merry Christmas!"
Totally put my day yesterday and the Holiday season perspective in check.

Thank you Lord for sending me someone to remind me what Christmas is about. Selfless giving. Of yourself and of ourselves to others.

XOXO,

3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, I'm glad there was someone out there to help you!

Lucy Marie said...

Wonderful! I have had a few times like this, where someone is there to help at just the right time when I am about to break. Sometimes it can be so simple, but like you said, it always brings tears to my eyes because it is a true reminder of God's love to us.

Freck said...

Awww, how sweet of him! Such an inspiring story, makes me want to do something sweet for someone when they're in need (or I guess even if they're not), too!